Helpful Cleaning Hints
Removal of common office stains and preventative measures.
Coffee, tea and colas:
1. Mix one teaspoon of a neutral detergent with a cup of luke-warm water. Blot.
2. Mix one-third cup of white household vinegar with two-thirds cup of water. Blot.
3. Sponge with clean water. Blot.
1. Use rubbing alcohol and absorbant cloth to clean surface. Blot until stain is gone.
2. Sponge with clean water. Blot.
Copier and laser printer toner:
1. Vacuum loose toner.
2. Use cold water and absorbant cloth to clean surface.
3. Only wash toner stained clothing in cold water; heat will cause toner to set.
1. Use hot water to dissolve stain. Blot with absorbant cloth.
2. Mix one teaspoon of a neutral detergent with a cup of luke-warm water. Blot.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until stain is gone.
Use coasters, rubber floor mats, carpet runners, anti-static desk mats and common sense to help prevent against common workplace stains.